Monday, March 1, 2010

Christmas Card Challenge - March - Gingerbread

Gingerbread can be men or women. They can be different colors. I like chocolate, but they could be tan, beige, and many various brown colors. Can they be red? Gingerbread houses work. Check out your stash for gingerbread stamps, die cuts, paper, brads. What types have I missed?

Here's my card for this Challenge.
I started with the striped gift wrap and found the other elements to match. I chose a red cardstock and the silver layer is again a nice heavy textured gift wrap. I die cut the gingerbread out of chocolate brown cardstock with Sizzix die. I layered a small piece of red behind the hearts on his belly. I added the the "icing" to his arms and legs with a Galaxy marker. I touched his eyes and mouth with a black markers as they are quite small. The small tag I cut with a Cuttlebug tag die then layered it onto the same cardstock red and trimmed it by hand. I stamped the snowflake with chocolate brown ink.

I made 6 of these cards to add to my stash.
Total Christmas Cards: 12.

Therese's card for this challenge. http://tmalakart.blogspot.com/2010/03/christmas-card-challenge-gingerbread.html
Send me a link to yours!

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia,

    Hey!! I love that striped paper!! Your little gingerbread guys looks great!! I have to put on my thinking cap to come up with a card design so I can play in your challenge!!

    HUGS!!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my gingerbread men cards made!!

    Check them out here:

    http://tmalakart.blogspot.com/2010/03/christmas-card-challenge-gingerbread.html

    HUGS!!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.