Friday, October 1, 2010

Cmas Card Challenge - Oct - Wreath

Christmas wreaths could be foliage, twig, or balls. They could be green, red, or metallic. They can be stamped, punched, or die cut. Of course, they can be made many other ways so use your imagination!
I chose origami as my technique and moss green as my color. I found a sample of this wreath in the Split Coast Stampers gallery. The directions provided made a wreath too large for a card. The original paper dimensions were 3"x5" and I brought mine down to 2"x4". They were quite time consuming to make but well worth it. I used giftwrap weight paper. Once complete I taped the back side with regular tape to keep it from coming apart. I then wrapped the wreath with a coordinating fiber and left a tail where I knotted it. I placed a layer of scrapbook paper in stripes of burgundy, moss green and gold on a cream card. I used double sided tape to adhere the wreath to the card. I found a satin ribbon which matched and placed it below the wreath across the card. I added a greeting using Stampin Up! nesting oval punches and foam tape. The greeting is stamped in a soft green.

I made 6 of these cards. My total so far is: 89.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.