Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cmas Card Challenge - April - Winter

The theme for the Christmas Card Challenge for April is "Winter". What comes to your mind? Snowflakes, snowmen, sleds, skates, icicles, sleighs, igloos, penguins came to my mind.
I resisted going for the easy snowflakes. I found a sled on my Joys of the Season Cricut cartridge. Excellent. Now I needed a context for it. I decided on a fence with snowbanks. I cut the fence with my Sizzix die in tan card stock and added texture with a brush marker. I created my background with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder on white card stock then brushed Bashful Blue ink pad over the bumps to represent falling snowflakes. I cut a piece of white card stock with CM Wavy cutter to make the snowbanks. I placed them behind and in front of the fence after brushing the edges with the blue ink pad. I cut the sled in black and the layer in red then glued them together. I added the lines on the sled with a white gel pen. Then I leaned the sled against the fence. I color printed the greeting and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I ripped the edges and brushed the edges with a marker. Used some tiny red brads to hold it in place.
Join me in making Christmas cards all year long! Post a comment with a link to your card. I look forward to see your cards!
I created 6 of these cards.
Total cards = 26.

2 comments:

  1. Here's a link to Teena's card:

    http://teenaspaperpassion.blogspot.com/2011/04/april-christmas-challenge-card.html

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a link to Carole's card.

    http://carolescornerofcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/04/su212-side-step-snowflake-card.html

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.