Saturday, April 9, 2011

All Occasion Stack Class - Little Birdie

Aren't these cute? I started with a post it pad in a bird shape I bought at a local craft store. Blue and Cranberry.
I selected a white card because the branch and the wing were white. I selected Designer Paper to coordinate with the bird color, trimmed it and glued it to the card. I added the beak shape with a white gel marker. Adding glue to the bird was a bit challenging because the post it glue resisted. I had to rub the post it back against fabric to dull it some, then I could add glue stick and then positioned it on the DP. I then glued the small branch below the bird with some leaves coming over the bird. I cut the wing with my Cricut, "Create a Critter" cartridge. It took several test tries to determine what size I needed. I then embossed the wing with the SU! Finial Press folder. Glued the wing on the bird keeping the sweep of wing in line with sweep of the bird body. I added white mini brad for the eye. I color printed greetings, punched them with the SU! horizontal slot punch and glued them to the top right hand corner. The greeting can easily omitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.