Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Card Club - Blue Bird

I started with this great blue bird. It's really a post it note I bought a Michaels a while ago. I selected a white card with designer paper that coordinated with the tone of the blue in the bird. I trimmed that and glued it to the card front. I cut the leaves and the branch with the Cricut - Straight from the Nest p.42. It allows you to cut the branch then you can cut the leaves seperately in a different color and then glue them over the ones cut with the branch. Very cool! I placed my bird over the 3rd leaf on the branch. Some of the girls turned the branch around and placed the bird in the dip on that same end of the branch. Works well. I cut the wing with the Cricut - Create a Critter p.45. Once cut I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Devine Swirl folder. I glued the wing to mirror the sweep of the bird's tail. A beak defined with a white gel marker. A white brad for the eye. I used this in my All Occasion Class in April with a different sketch. Check it out. The Cricut Create machine allowed me to Auto-fill a full 6x12 page of wings. Cut 23 in one shot. That comes in handy with classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.