Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Card Club - Damask Button

This one was the Father's Day option. I started with always artichoke card and embossed the top 1/4 with an Cuttlebug embossing folder. I cut my designer paper to 4x4" and glue it to the bottom half of the card. I layered my greeting and the blue accent strip together then glued these both to the card between the embossing and the DP. I placed a slit in the card fold with an Exacto knife just wide enough to allow the ribbon to be pulled through. I placed the ribbon across the card, leaving enough ribbon to tape the ends to the inside card I cut the leftover off (about 2"). Once the secured on the card just tie a knot with the same piece onto the long piece and it makes a quick bow very easily. I put white cotton yarn through the holes in the button then applied a Zot to the back and mounted it in the bottom right hand corner. I offered a Happy Birthday greeting with this set.

I also made a kit with cranberry cardstock with floral paper for those that did not want a Father's Day card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.