Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Card Club - Lady Bug

We had our last Card Club of the season last night. We had good discussion and got our cards made.
I started with the lady bug accent I purchased a while back. It combines dark pink, light pink, kraft and an oatmeal color. So the kits reflected those colors in it's various parts. Some kits had light pink cards, some dark pink like this one, some kraft.
I cut a piece of light pink cardstock to 51/4x 2 1/8" and embossed it with the Sizzix Tropical Paisley folder. I then cut a scallop border with a border punch. The glued the scallop border to the embossed layer so I could position it where I wanted then glued it to the card front. I then folded my ribbon in half and placed the fold over the place where the light pink, kraft border met and I stapled it. Fold the ribbon in half then trim the ends you will get this nice v effect. I then mounted my lady bug accent with 3D foam dots to raise it above the staple. Glued my insert to the inside card front.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.