Sunday, September 18, 2011

Card Kits - Cmas - Copper Snowflake

I started with deep purple card stock.  I cut the card 4.25 x 11" with a top fold.  I cut the large snowflake in great copper card stock with my Sizzix Large Snowflake die. I used a MS Snowflake punch to create smaller snowflake in the card color.  I layered these and mounted them on the top of the card front leaving enough space below for the greeting.  I held those in place with a large copper brad. I printed the greeting in the same color as the card onto a warm taupe card stock and then I cut it with the Spellbinder ribbon slider die. The slider was slipped over copper ribbon whose ends were taped to the inside of the card. The alternative for this card was navy blue in the card, snowflake and greeting.
 


Here's a picture of how I set up to cut my color printed greetings.  I determine how far apart my words need to be and print them on card stock. I take them to my Big Shot and lay the die over the greeting and a bit of tape on the right hand side was helpful to keep the die in place. Put it into the sandwich and roll. Out comes a perfectly aligned greeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.