Saturday, October 29, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
RGB codes prepared by Marie Shaughnessy. for the color printing. Thanks Marie for the hard work.
We had a good group of ladies out for Card Club last night. I started with a brown card. I cut a Tim Holtz Ornamental die cut from designer paper. I wanted the ribbon to the side so I tack it down to the card with a bit of double sided tape. I was then able to glue down the die to the card front. Then I tied the ribbon in a loose square knot. I placed the small silk flower, then the medium silk flower and then finally the Prima Flower onto the brad. I made a hole in the DP and card with a push pin then placed the brad through which holds the flowers securely. Placed the insert and it's done. I made cards with peach, white and hot pink flowers.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
this pattern on line. I chose white thread on black card stock. It takes a long time to do this. I added some silver flower sequins held in place with silver tiny brads. I chose a Old Olive card with a pink layer onto which the stitching layer was glued. I used lots of double sided tape. I will press it under books over night.
Friday, October 21, 2011
I would love to hear about your system. Leave a me a comment!
Thursday, October 20, 2011
I started with a green card and I added a piece of Designer paper to the right hand side. Then I added the ribbon over the left hand edge. I've been wanting to try this Folded Ribbon technique for a while. You need soft ribbon. This one is soft like seam binding. I used the steam iron to create the folds and have them stay in while I tried to adhere the ribbon to the card. I laid a strip of double sided tape to the card and carefully laid the ribbon down one fold at a time. Once it was all down I trimmed the ends to the card edge. I decided I needed a bit of insurance so I laid the narrow red ribbon over the folded ribbon and taped the ends to the inside of the card. I added a Five Petal Punch poinsettia which is held in place with a gold brad.
This card is Soft Suede?? I found a matching piece of Designer Paper which I placed on the right hand side of the card. I cut a piece of ribbon and laid it over the left hand edge of the DP and taped the ends to the inside of the card. The ornament is a Sizzix die cut from Ruby Red. I cut the accents in gold cardstock and glued them according to the packaging. I created a hold in the hanger with a push pin and used a bit of gold thread to "hang" the ornament and glued the ends to the inside of the card.
This card is Ruby Red I think. I trimmed a piece of DP and adhered to the card front. I added a strip of Old Olive which I stamped some texture on it with a small dots. I stamped a greeting and punched it out with the Modern Label punch. Stuck that on the right hand side below the large poinsettia. I added a small Old Olive punchie to the centre of the large flower.
Left: I ripped the decorative paper at the bottom and mounted 2 large die cut snowflakes by Cuttlebug. The white was embossed with the Swiss Dots folder as well. I punched a small flower to put in the centre. All held in place with white brad.
Right: I started with a white card. I embossed the bottom 2/3 of the card with a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. Then I placed a strip of decorative paper and placed it against the edge of the embossing. I cut a .75 inch strip of Blue Bayou and embossed the greeting in white. I added 3 small fabric snowflakes held in place with tiny white brads.
I was asked to help out with a "Getting Ready for Christmas" class. The instructor is spending 8 weeks helping the group prepare for Christmas spiritually as well as practically. Each week she has a related craft. This week it was Christmas cards and she asked me to teach the card class. We had an hour so I kept the cards simple to ensure everyone was able to finish their 4 cards in the time allotted.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
World Wide Photo Walk. On the walk I chose we walked around Whyte Avenue for a couple of hours. The weather was good, the sights were interesting, and the company was inspiring. There was a large group of us with cameras in hand that headed east. Here's a few pictures I took on my walk. Many of the shops had wares for sale on the street so pictures of those were fair game. Some retailers were not very welcoming of our cameras. We met together afterwards to share pictures, experiences, and just get to know one another a bit. It was a very good day!
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
I decided on a wreath for my Natural Christmas theme. I started with a dark brown card. I used a Martha Stewart branch punch on several shades of green card stock to create my greenery. I cut the wreath's back layer with a Soft Suede Nestabilities scallop circle. I glued at least 18 branches around the edge of the circle making sure to keep it within the 4.25 width of the card. I then layered a smaller scallop circle over the middle covering the ends of the branches. I cut a very vanilla circle with Nestabilities die and chalked the edge while it was still in the die leaving a nice border. Then I stamped a Stampin Up! greeting on the circle in Chocolate chalk ink. I added the raffia bow above the wreath.
I made 6 of these.
I made 6 of these.