Thursday, October 20, 2011

Card - Advent Class Cards

I was asked to help out with a "Getting Ready for Christmas" class.  The instructor is spending 8 weeks helping the group prepare for Christmas spiritually as well as practically.  Each week she has a related craft.  This week it was Christmas cards and she asked me to teach the card class.  We had an hour so I kept the cards simple to ensure everyone was able to finish their 4 cards in the time allotted.
I wanted a versatile design in which I could change the colors without affecting the entire design. Also, I wanted a card in each orientation of portrait and landscape to add variety.  I selected the these images: the manger scene is by SonLight Impressions which I have owned for years.  The candles I just bought this summer is by Sunshine Designs put out by Stamp Barn.  I gold embossed the central image on white cardstock then cut it with Nestabilibities Classic Oval.  I then cut a Nestabilities Scalloped Oval in a solid colored cardstock to coordinate with the designer paper.  These were glue together, I dotted each scallop with a Galaxy white opaque marker and a fabric gold snowflake was added with a Zot.  The designer paper was trimmed to 5.25x4.00 inches and glued to a white card. The central oval was mounted to the card with 3D foam tape which easily adds dimension. I had seven different color combinations so that there was lots of variety so each person got 4 different cards.

2 comments:

  1. Lynn,

    Thanks for visiting. I'm glad you liked the cards. It was a great class and the concept of preparing for Christmas is just a great one.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.