Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2012 Chinese New Year

I made these cute lanterns for 2012 Chinese New Year yesterday.  We had a potluck at work yesterday for several reasons but since it was actually the Chinese New Year's Day I decided to make these lanterns for the tables. We also hung them above the tables as well.  We had international guests in so I think it added a nice touch to our awesome event.
I splattered gold paint onto red 24 lb bond then cut the 8.5x11 in half.  I folded the 5.x5x8.5 in half leaving me a sheet 2.75 x 8.5".  I cut slits into sheet from the fold to about .5 inch from the edge. Then I opened the paper and stapled the ends together.  I punched a small hole on both sides and added gold cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.