Monday, January 23, 2012

Card Club - Handmade Paper Flowers



I started with the handmade paper.  Black with purple, plum & copper.  Taupe with white, gold & silver.  I embossed the 1.5" inch on the right hand side with the Stampin Up! Finial Press embossing folder.  I placed the ribbon right next to the edge of the embossing and taped the ends to the inside of the card.  I cut the flowers with the Sizzix Flower Layers #2 die.  One in moss green and the other in the handmade paper.  I chose a silk flower in coordinating colors. All this is held in place with a jumbo brad in a matching color.
Top: I chose a gray card stock for the bottom card. Then I placed silver ribbon along the edge. The ivory silk flower worked well with the warmed toned handmade paper. I selected a silver brad.
Bottom: I chose a plum cardstock for the top card. Then I placed copper ribbon along the edge. The purple silk flower worked well and then the copper brad matched the ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.