Sunday, April 22, 2012

Card - Tropical Pineapple

I made a couple of these for my exchange group and it worked for a challenge where the subject was food!
I cut the pineapple with a Sizzix die and then embossed the lower half with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots emb folder.  I cut the top leaf part of the die in a green card stock.  I trimmed it and glued it to the top of the yellow pineapple. I lightly brushed the pineapple to highlight it with a bit of dark brown.  Smudged a bit into the leaves as well to create some texture.  I selected a bright green card to which I glued a piece of distressed black designer paper.  I then added the 3 bright green flowers below the pineapple held in place with tiny black brads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.