Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cmas Card Challenge - April - Grape/Sage/Mustard

This was a tough color combo.  I've dreamed up 5 or 6 different designs today to finally get this one done!
I started with a sage green card.  I glued the decorative paper which contains the colors to card stock to give it some stiffness.  I used spray adhesive which worked really well.  Once it had pressed for about 1 hour I cut the 8.5x11 into quarters then cut the Tim Holtz Ornamental Die with the Joy Mover and Shaper in the top half.  I placed some clear packing tape on the back of the die over the oval word hole. After turning over the die I placed gold glitter over the sticky part of the tape around the word Joy. I used SB Nestabilities to cut the grape colored frame around the word.  I tied a antique gold very soft ribbon around the bottom third of the die and knotted it.  I mounted the die to the card front.  I color printed the "to the World" words on sage card stock and punched it out with the SU Word Window punch.  I mounted that to the card front with foam tape.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.