Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Earth Card Making - Shopping Bag Flowers

We are having an Earth Day Card Making fundraiser today at work. Our committee decided with it being just around the corner why not see what crafts we could make with the theme reuse/recycle/reduce.  I found shopping bag flowers in my search and applied my twist to it. Check out this post Shopping Bag Flowers  for how tos.
For this card, I cut several flowers in coordinating colors with Sizzix Large Daisie die.  I created the leaf with a Sizzix Flower Layers #2 using largest flower then cutting petals into 4 leaves. I went searching for a background for my flower.  Into my Cricut cartridges I found this one with the perfect ratio for an A2 card in the "Just Because Cards" cartridge.  I cut it from distress black designer paper.  I color printed my greetings then cut them with my Creative Memories oval cutter and it fits perfectly in the space on the background.  I punched a 1" circle of vellum for the centre of the flower and held the flowers in place with a flower pewter brad.  Super happy with this idea.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.