Wednesday, June 13, 2012

R2G - Christmas Paper Strips

This is the same sketch to the one I made for my last Card Club but with Christmas colors.  I wanted to make some with red card stock with green strips and green card stock with red strips.  I dug through my scraps tray and just pulled red and green in put them in piles.  Then I selected a few that went together well and cut them them giving me some variety in length and width of strips.  Then I laid them down on the card to decide how many I needed to go across.  I cut a strip of white to go cross then I cut a v shape in the ends.  I thought it was important to make sure the points were on the strips.  I glued the strips down then the horizontal white strip.  I punched card stock to match the card with the Stampin Up! Decorative Label punch.  I color printed the greeting then cut it with my Creative Memories oval cutter and glued it to the label.  I mounted the label with 3D foam tape.  I think they turned out really well. Check out my Christmas Card Kits page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.