Monday, July 23, 2012

Card - Challenge - Window

I made this card for this week's challenge on Sparkles Christmas Card Challenge #34 which is windows.
I've had my Madison Window die for a couple of months but I have not used it, so today was the day.  I bought the Designer Paper from American Crafts - Camping Trails with the window in mind.  I wanted to create a horizon of trees. I cut a snowbank in ivory which I placed near the bottom of the window.  I cut the window in white and edged it with a Chocolate Chip ink pad.  I stamped the greeting in Chocolate Chip on the same card stock and punch it with the SU! Word Window punch.  To create the wall for the window I placed some dark brown paper on the bottom of the card.  I created the stripes on the top of the card with SU! retired border stamp and CC ink.  I found a blue strip of card stock that worked with the blue in the DP and used it over the join of this 2 elements.  I mounted my window with 3D foam tape onto by DP element.  I created a wreath for the window which was just the right size so that is a keeper.  Check out this posting for instructions.  I added a small 5 petal punch in the same blue card stock and glued it to the wreath.  I placed a round of 3D foam in the centre cross brace of the window to keep it at the same level as the frame. I added a small rhinestone to the centre of the flower just to add a bit of bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.