Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Card - Challenge - Texture/White on White

I made this card to meet a couple of challenges. Texture at Sparkles and White on White at Crazy 4 Cards.

I started with a white card.  I added a piece of pearl card stock trimmed to leave a small border and embossed with the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes folder.  I cut the TH Distressed Doily on a folded piece of paper.  I placed the fold right on the edge so that I got a mirror image which turns out to be a really nice oval shape.  I ran a deep burgundy ribbon through the oval die cut and taped the ends to the inside of the card. I cut an oval in the pearl card stock with a QuicKutz oval die. I stamped the greeting with a small clear stamp in Purely Pomegranate and ran the edge on the die pad to highlight the edge against the mostly white background. The greeting was mounted with 3D foam tape.  Happy with this one!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card for the holidays Sylvia! The embossing in the background is a great touch too! Thank you for joining us at the C4C...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.