Saturday, August 18, 2012

How To: Cut one Thin Die inside another

I wanted to cut my MemoryBox Script Thanks die inside my SU Apothecary die. I thought since they are both thin dies that should work.
Pic 1 - I place the thanks first and aligned it using the lines on the all purpose platform. I used some double sided squares to hold the dies in place.  I laid the Apothecary Frame die over it, aligned it and held it in place with a sticky.  I was not concerned about the stickies because if they caught the card stock they would be on the piece I was not keeping.

Pic 2 - I ran it through the machine and I got the thanks cut out of the frame like I wanted.  When you look at the die cut you see that the hole for the A and the K are still in the die.  I collected these so  I could put them back into the work when I used it on a card.

Pic 3 - The final die cut ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.