Sunday, March 3, 2013

How To: Re-purpose Blah Paper

Do you have paper in your stash that does not inspire or speak to you?  The top left corner of the picture here is the original glitter paper.  I bought it on sale and thought I should be able to do SOMETHING with it.  Well I decided to paint it with diluted Nick Bantock ink.  The colors I chose were Turquoise, Lamp black and Sap Moss Green.  That stuff goes a long way because it just took a drop or two to get this color.  I just watered it down then applied it with a foam brush.  I pressed it down as it dried. I'm so much happier with it now.  Keep an eye out here for how I will use it.
Think about what technique you could use on blah paper.  Paint it, print on it, stamp on it, distress it, think outside the box.  You are not inclined to use it the way it is so what have you got to lose? I way nothing so go for it. Let me know what you do and how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.