Thursday, April 18, 2013

Card - Books

I made this card for my brother-in-law's birthday.  Here's the sample on which I based my card.
I started by finding small designer paper scraps in my bucket. A great scrap buster technique. I selected them in the brown tones.  I cut them down to .75 but they needed to be trimmed some more. The sample I found indicated 5/8" which is closer to the right width.  Length 4.75" before trimming the ends.  The ends are cut with a circle punch.  Check out the link above for details.  I used my Chocolate Chip ink pad to color all the edges of the books before I glued them to a piece of scrap paper.  I tied some thick crochet cotton around the stack of books and added 2 Cuttlebug die cut tags onto which I added my greetings.  This was layered onto a piece of ivory which I used chalk to create a bit of a shadow and then adhered the stack.   I mounted these layers to a dark brown card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.