Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge - May - Textiles

Working on Christmas cards again this month.  The challenge for May was textiles - Fabric, Felt, Velvet, Ribbon, Tulle, Lace. I'm sure there something else you can think of.
I chose this red felt die cut ribbon.  I wanted something simple and elegant.  I stuck with a mostly white on white design.  I chose a white card and then layered a white layer embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  I cut the straight edges of the ribbon and trimmed the cut ends to make then prettier.  I layered a white silk flower onto a white poinsettia held in place with a blue brad.  I used another blue brad to hold down the other half of the ribbon.  The greeting is a SU Modern Label punchie in navy with a color printed greeting punched with the SU Word Window.  The greeting is raised with 3D foam tape. 

1 comment:

  1. Great card Sylvia! Love how you have used the colours from our challenge at Holly Jolly. Fabulous CAS card. Thanks for sharing with us this week. Meighan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.