Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Card - Farewell - Taupe Orchids

I made this half sheet card for a couple leaving our office.  I started with a taupe card onto which I layered a piece of Designer Paper by LilyBeeDesign - Buttercup - Puddles.  I trimmed the paper to center the paisley like design on the card front. I cut a Spellbinders Nestabilities Label 13 from the same cardstock and spattered it with white acrylic paint.  I punched holes in the top and bottom with the Stampin Up! slot punch.  I pulled 3/8` grosgrain ribbon through and taped the ends to the back of the DP.  I chose one of my photos of orchids and applied a sepia filter to it and printed it on white card stock. I cut it with a Spellbinders Oval Nestabilities and then cut a white oval in the next increment.  These were layered and adhered with 3D foam tape to the center of the label.  I placed a taupe brad through the ribbon and card front just above and below the oval center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.