Sunday, August 18, 2013

Card - 90th Birthday

I made this card for a friend who is turning 90 soon and we are celebrating today!
I started with an ivory felt textured card stock where the 8.5x11 is folded in half.  I found a piece of designer paper by Basic Grey - Wisteria - white dynasty which matched the color very well.  I trimmed it leaving a leave a small border.  I found the rose spray digital on Graphics Fairy and I sized it to fit inside the Sizzix Scallop Oval Frame die.  I used this technique to ensure it was properly centered.  I rubbed the edge of the black out oval with a coordinating blue ink pad.  I reassembled them and glued them to the card front.  I cut the Cheery Lynn Ribbon Eyelet Border from the same paper as the card.  I placed a slit in the fold of the card and ran the blue seam binding through the inside of the card and then pulled it through it from the right and left and knotted it off center.  I placed a bit of double sided tape under the ribbon border and some tape on the inside of the card of the ribbon to help keep it in place.  I color printed the greeting and cut it out with one of the Stampin Up Apothecary Framelits.  A bit of adhesive to tack it down and 2 blue brads on either end to hold it to the card front. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.