Sunday, August 11, 2013

Challenge - Red and Gold

I made the card for the Challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown which is Red and Gold. We are allowed a neutral. 
I selected a red card which I cut 4.25x11 and created the fold at the top.  I added a layer of gold foil paper with Merry Christmas all over it.  I cut a Cuttlebug ornament from the same red paper.  I added a Prima gold flower and a pearl daisy confetti flower to the centre and held it all in place with a mini gold brad. I placed 3D foam tape behind the hanger and the center of the ornament and adhered it to the card front. I placed a piece of gold thread through the ornament hanger and then pulled the ends through a hole I made in the card with a push pin.  I strategically placed the hole to fall under the bough.  I cut the bough from pearl card stock with the Impression Obsession die of a branch/bough (DEI021-N).  This die requires the metal plate adapter plate to get a clean cut.  I glued it down with quick dry adhesive from a bottle with a very fine tip.

6 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Sylvia - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That white branch is absolutely lovely against the gold! A fabulous ornament, too!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely! I really like the subtle text on the gold paper and the beautiful ornament swinging from the branch. Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made very few cards this summer. I need to get started because I promised to make some for a fundraiser at my former school.

    Your cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Really enjoy your ornament. Thanks so much for joining us this week at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so classy Sylvia and very festive! Great job on our red and gold colour challenge! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.