Monday, November 25, 2013

Card Club - November - Glittered Deer

Christmas cards are the order of the day today!  We are making 8 cards - 2 of each design.
I did several things ahead.  The chipboard deer were colored with Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Stain.  Once dry I applied Deco Art Twinkle Gold Glitter paint.  Thank goodness I did this early in September.  I also spattered black card stock with gold acrylic paint.  Once dry I cut into pieces of 3.5" wide then cut them with the TH Cabinet die. This gives me only 1 notch on each side.  I punched a 1.75" circle from High Gloss Gold Paper with my Stampin Up circle punch, also a Modern Label from the same card stock.  I printed my greeting in black on ivory card stock and punched it with the SU word window. I selected an ivory card.  I adhered the black/gold background die cut to the card front. I glued the gold "moon" circle aligned with the curve on the black die cut.  I glued the greeting to the label and mounted to the bottom of the card with 3D foam tape.  I then adhered the glittered chipboard deer above the greeting placing his head over the gold "moon" circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.