Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dog Treat Boxes


I made Peanut Butter Pumpkin dog treats for our fund raising bake sale on Thursday.

I started with Starbucks Tazo Tea Tins which I covered with this great Christmas Dog decorative paper.  Their scarves and jackets have glitter on them.  I trimmed the paper to the height of the box and used double sided tape to stick it to the box and wrapped it all the way around (about 14").  I then used washi tape in red and ivory hounds tooth to finish the top and bottom edges.  I created tags for each box by printing the details on kraft card stock and punching it out with the Stampin Up! decorative label punch.  I layered this unto a punchie of the same in red paper.  I cut it in half across the width and trimmed the points and glued them offset on the top and bottom.  I then punched another layer from the decorative paper to cover the back of the label.  I placed the dog bone treats into a bag, tied it with heavy red cord and then added the tag so it would hang outside the box lid.  The bottom picture is the treats cooling on racks. These will make a great gift to bring to a hostess who has furry friends at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.