Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Card - Retirement - Hunting and Fishing

I made this card for a friend who retired recently. He is an outdoorsman so I expect these pursuits will be part of this new chapter.

I started with a picture of the lake in the morning I took last summer at Pine Lake Camp.  I adjusted the color to be sepia and added the sentiment in a color to match the accent. The accent is a picture I found on line of an old tin sign which I printed in the size I needed.  It expressed the sentiment I wanted. Once the card was printed I added a grosgrain ribbon with just a bit of the same blue as in the tin just below the greeting.  I mounted the accent on the right hand side of the greeting with 3D foam tape.

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours on this card!!!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.