Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Card - Stencil Background

I made this card for a challenge to use a stencil.  I've not bought any stencils recently and I have a pile of ones I bought years ago but none were suitable for a background.  So I decided to make my own.  I cut some clear plastic with the Stampin Up Lattice Die.  I laid the stencil down on a piece of card stock and applied Tim Holtz Distress stains in the following colors: Antique Linen, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Aged Mahogany.  I made it larger than a quarter sheet because I knew I would cut it down. I cut it down with one of the SU Window Frames Collection Framelits. I rubbed the edges with the Aged Mahogany ink. I chose an orange card and applied a layer of yellow on top of it before I added my background die cut.  I cut a Lattice Die from a piece of mahogany card stock.  I played around with it until I ended up with just a flower looking piece.  I added an orange silk flower to the center and held it all in place with a golden yellow mini brad. I added some of the off cuts from the die to each of the four corners.  I then sprayed the whole card with some copper mist spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.