Monday, July 7, 2014

R2G Card Kit - Vintage Skate

I cut the Tim Holtz Ice Skates die from off white heavy card stock. I highly recommend using a heavy card stock as it gives a much better end product.  I painted the blade with Gleams Acrylic Paint by Delta - Silver as it has a warm tone.  I chalked the skate with brown with heavy application on the heel and light around the edges of the skate.  I used brown thread as laces. You can see here how to use the dental floss threader and lace the skate.  I rubbed the edges of the Joy background card with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Gathered Twigs. Wrap the ribbon around the Joy background and knot to the front. Trim ends.  Cut the 3D foam tape into three pieces and place one at the cuff, heel, and toe.  Adhered the skate as shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.