Monday, September 1, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge - Sept - Washi Tape

Here's my card for this month's challenge which is to use washi tape on your card. Red white and green, jewel tones, gold, silver, teal, or trees, stars poinsettias, stockings and a stack more are options.  Check your stash and make a card or two. If you stash is low like me I made 7 to bolster the numbers.

I found this tape a local scrapbook store.  It was elegant, muted and sophisticated rather than bright and colorful.  I decided to go with ivory, gold and black.  I stamped the words from Hampton Arts called Sentiment Candle on ivory and gold embossed it.  I matted it with a piece of black card stock leaving a small border.  I cut a piece of brushed gold card stock and cut it leaving a large border and adhered it to the black card front.  I then placed 2 lengths of washi tape across the top and bottom of the card leaving the ripped ends at each end.  I adhered the candle element onto the card front with 3D foam tape.  I then applied 2 short pieces of narrow black washi tape on the bottom right hand corner. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.