Sunday, February 1, 2015

Christmas Card Challenge - Feb - Star Layers Ribbon

The Christmas Card Challenge for February ( is it really here already?) is Star Layers Ribbon.  Are you going to join me?  Leave me a comment with a link to your card.

Here's my card for the challenge.  I started with the designer paper.  I wanted something with a small enough design to be okay with the size of the star.  I chose Celebrate Family Flowers - Confetti - Kaleidoscope Collection by My Mind's Eye. I chose the Sizzix 3 Stars die.  I then found a warm dark blue card stock to match the DSP.  I had decided that I would chose solid card stock, DSP and silver metallic, cut them all three of them at once and then just swap the stars into 3 groups. I need a light background for my dark stars so I selected a silver pearl card stock which I embossed with the Sizzix Stars and Swirls folder.  I trimmed it to leave a small border.  I added a red cotton ribbon bow that was just cinched in the middle with a piece of matching thread.  This creates less bulk for mailing.  I adhered a piece of the same thread to the back of the pearl layer in the top center before I stuck the layer to the card front.  I brought it down the card front and taped it down, which will be covered by the star.  I layered the 3 stars and pierced the centre with push pin and inserted the tiny red star brad.  I mounted the stars to the card front with 3D foam tape.   I decided to leave out any type of greeting. Repeating the star in the background worked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.