Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sympathy - Gold Leaves

I made this card for a friend who lost his wife, Eva this week.

I started by reusing parts of a card with gold foil leaves on it.  I cut the layer down to leave a small border.  I found a rust card that worked well with it.  I added a gold colored grosgrain ribbon across the bottom third. Taped the ends to the back of the layer then adhered it to the card front. I stamped the Stampendous sentiment on a left over from the original card and gold embossed it. Using the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics I cut the sentiment then the next largest rectangle in card stock same as the card. I layered these together then adhered it to the card with 3D foam tape.
I have not thought of these for layering smaller pieces because I forgot how small the little ones were. Very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.