Monday, June 1, 2015

Christmas Card Challenge - June - Nativity - Brayer - Glitter

It's time again for the June Christmas Card Challenge.  The three elements are Nativity, Brayer and Glitter.
I started by making a brayer background with several blue ink pads from light to dark.  I brayered the lightest in the center and then layered the darker colors towards the top and bottom edges. I then stamped it with a script background stamp and clear embossed it.  I then used the same stamp with navy blue ink.  I chose a medium to dark royal blue card.  I trimmed the brayer background to leave a small border.  I punched the night sky stars with a Creative Memories Star border punch.  That gave me dark stars in the sky.  I cut the nativity from pearl card stock with the QuicKutz Nativity die.  I was able to include the shepherds but not the wisemen.  I adhered the background to the card front then the nativity die cut to the background. I repeated the stars in the sky with a non shed glitter card stock cut with the Sizzix Star and Star Bursts bigz die. I trimmed away the star that came with the die cut to add a glitter star adhered with 3D foam tape.

In this close up you can see the clear embossed sections to the right of the glitter star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.