Monday, June 29, 2015

More Cards from Decorative Paper

Here`s a card made with acrylic paint paper in purple and pink.  It was just brushed onto heavy weight paper with a paint brush.  I tried to mix the colors where they intersected.  It`s bright paper.
I selected a purple card that coordinated.  I cut the piece of decorative paper to leave a small border of card color.  I printed the black small letters onto a quarter sheet of white card stock with registration marks to align when I die cut.  Once, printed I aligned the marks with the edges of the Sizzix Happy Phrase die and cut the word Happy.  I trimmed the white greeting layer to 3.75 x 5.25 inches and used a corner punch on all corners to add a bit of interest.  I glued the decorative paper to the card and then applied 3D foam tape to quite few areas on the greeting to keep the pieces in place.  The middle pieces in the H the middle piece in the Y.  I then added the holes for the a and the ps with 3D foam tape as well.  It`s a bit tedious but I like the effect.  I added 3 purple sequins in the top right hand corner for a bit of bling.  These are held in place with Zots.

I made a couple of baby cards with a onesie cut with the Cricut machine and the Wrap It Up cartridge.  I cut them at 2.25 inches from white card stock. I cut the acrylic paint paste paper to leave a small border of navy card.  I added a piece of white lace into which I strung a piece of dark blue 1/8 inche satin ribbon.  The ends were tucked behind the decorative paper and taped down.  This layer was then adhered to the card front.  I added a shorter piece of ribbon in the bottom right hand corner tied in a knot onto the piece in the lace.  I added a knot bow onto the onesie which is held in place with a Zot. 

I made a similar card with pink acrylic paint paper. This time I chose the landscape orientation to change it up a bit.  I cut a piece of white card stock and embossed it with the De`vine Swirls folder from Cuttlebug.  I added a piece of link pink satin ribbon wrapped over it with the ends taped to the back.  This layer was then adhered to the card front. I added a shorter length of the same ribbon and tied it in a knot on the longer piece and trimmed the ends.  I added a knot bow again to the onesie.

I selected the masculine decorative paper I had used earlier and paired it up with a bright green card which worked well.  I printed a leaf trio graphic which I designed myself in brown on ivory card stock.  I layered it with the same card stock as the card.  I added an accent strip across the bottom 1/3 of the card.  I laid a piece of gold card stock onto a strip of the card green card stock. The decorative paper does have gold accent which don`t show up well in the photo. Trimmed the ends to the card edges.  I mounted the leaf accent with 3D foam tape over the accent strip.

I made a wedding card with some simple decorative paper.  I used Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze - Sugar Cane is the color.  I spattered it onto white card stock with a spatter tool.  I keep some of the glaze in it`s original consistency then for the larger dots I thinned it with water and spattered again.  Once dry and ironed flat I printed a black frame onto it.  I cut the wedding couple with the Cricut and the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge.  It was cut at 4 inches with the silhouette option.  I cut it from brushed gold card stock which matched well the Glimmer Glaze.  I placed 2 small heart punchies in the top right hand corner to balance the couple in the frame.  I glued the decorative layer to the front of a black card.  Really happy with this one!

I started with this blue purple acrylic paper.  I paired it with a turquoise card.  I trimmed the decorative paper to leave a small border.  I cut the Memory Box Thanks die from the decorative paper then glued a piece of purple card stock behind it and glued the holes back into the a and k. I adhered the decorative paper to the card front. I cut a border of ovals from the same purple card stock with a thin die that I bought second hand so I don't know the maker.  Do you? Leave me a comment. I tied a bow from white seam binding around the 2 ovals in the center of the border.  I then adhered the border to the top third of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.