Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Sympathy - Butterflies

I made this card for the mother of a former co-worker Kim who succumbed to cancer recently at a much too young age.

I started with a kraft card and stamped it with SU Itty Bitty Background in Starfruit.  I cut my 12x12 Karen Foster Lime Twist scrapbook paper into nine 4 inch squares.  I ripped the square into uneven pieces ensuring that I did not have a white ripped edge.  I adhered them to the right and left edges of the wide card.  I cut a butterfly with one of the Sizzix Winged Beauties dies which I adhered over the gap between the SCP pieces.  I then added an oval color printed greeting which I ran the same ink pad around the edge to create a bit of contrast.  I mounted the greeting with 3D foam tape.


















I made some cards for her because this is a time when folks are helping and pitching in and it's always nice to respond with a token of appreciation but shopping is not the priority.  I made these tall with the basic same layout as the sympathy card.  With no greeting, they can be used as needed.  I selected 2 colors from the scrapbook paper in the deep red orange and the deep blue green. The butterflies were cut from textured pearl card stock.

1 comment:

  1. Home made cards are so special. I know that you friend quite appreciated the time you took to one especially for her. I try to make most of my own cards. I don't have a sizzix, but I do have a Cricut. Do you use one? Thanks for visiting the Garden Spot; now we have more things in common.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.