Sunday, August 16, 2015

Triple Stars

I selected the Stampin Up Well Worn DSP and a Cajun Craze card.  I followed this tutorial for the sunburst. I cut a piece of DSP to 4.5x6 inches which I cut into 4 pieces of 4.5x1.5 inches which were cut in half on the diagonal.  I cut 2 from Not Quite Navy card stock as well.  I marked the center of the card about 1 inch from the bottom edge. I placed the points on the mark and played around with their placement. Once I was happy, I glued them down.  I trimmed all the DSP pieces to the edge of the card. I cut a narrow strip of NQN card stock and adhered it just below the horizontal edge of the DSP across the card.  I cut 3 stars with the Sizzix Stars#2 die; large in Early Espresso, medium River Rock, smallest Cajun Craze. I trimmed the largest star to the edge of the card.  The greeting is from the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set which was stamped NQN on River Rock and cut with the Itty Banner framelits.  It was adhered on the right of the star accent.


Submitting to the following challenges:
TGIF Challenges - TGIFC16 - Sunburst Sketch
SU ColorQ - cQc 303


3 comments:

  1. Love the colour combo - love to see how you pieced this together!! Well done and thanks for playing at TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A terrific design and a fun card! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun design, Sylvia! thanks for joining us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.