Thursday, October 8, 2015

Be Present for Christmas - Lesson 1 - The Small Shoot

I have provided a journal for the participants. It provides a central place organize their experience.

Each week, they can include their prayer lists, the lesson plan, their Random Acts of Kindness, their family activities, and other relevant information.

I have cut a Stampin Up Top Note to be adhered to the front or the inside cover to identify the owner of the journal and the class.  Some journals have stripes, some dots and some chevrons.  Red, pink and grey.

I'm selecting my lessons from The Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp.  The book provides 24 lessons for each day of Advent of which I have chosen 7 for this class.  We will have readings, questions, discussion, and an activity each week.

The stump brings forth a small new shoot.  From what appeared dead life emerged.  It's not about the dead past but what we can create going forward. We must come as we are, ready to look at the smallest, find the shoot in the stump, find the broken in the cracks of the world and offer a word of love which will bring about miracles.

This pink one is my book for the class.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.