Sunday, February 14, 2016

Enjoy - Retirement

I'm attending a retirement celebration for a friend today.  I made a card to let her know she needs to enjoy the next stage of her life.  Time will be available for family, friends and fun.

I started with the hot air balloon which says Let's Fly Away and symbolizes leaving the current behind.  I found here at Altered Artifacts.    I trimmed it and inked the edges with a deep eggplant color.  I chose a page from the spanish dictionary which I trimmed then painted with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet Distress Stain.  Dried it and then inked the edges with the same ink pad as the balloon.  I adhered the words then the balloon image.  I added a scalloped handmade paper circle in a brown.  I added a circle colored with the same distress stain as before.  Once dry I adhered it to the brown.  The greeting is vellum so I applied snail adhesive to all the back then placed it in the center of the pink circle.  Really happy with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.