Monday, February 29, 2016

Welcome - Baby Boy Noah

I made this card for Noah's Mom.  We are having a baby shower for this new little boy today.

I picked up on his name for the graphic on the card.  I added the boy's name at the top. I printed it on ivory card stock then I cut the top of the element in a smooth curve with my Creative Memories circle cutter.  I chose a turquoise card onto which I printed the sentiment in grey.  I adhered the Noah's Ark element below the sentiment.


I repeated the element onto the cards I made for Mom.  I used 4.25"T x 5.5" W quarter sheet printed cards I had on hand.  I coordinated the turquoise in the left hand side in the ribbon and the colors in the ark image.  I added his name above the element then printed the sheets.  I cut sheets of 24lb in a coordinating color and cut them down from the quarter sheet size.  I tacked them to the back of the cards.  I punched holes from the top and bottom at about 1.5" from the left.  I pulled a length of 1/8" satin ribbon through the holes and tied it in a knot. 

These are very versatile cards.  They can be used for thank yous for gifts received, they could be announcements, or used general baby correspondence.   Mom is a card maker so she does appreciate handmade cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.