Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Card Exchange Group Cards

I started with the ink background. This is done with by placing a variety of ink onto an acrylic plate and pressing a piece of card stock onto it to capture the ink. The ink can be stamp pad re-inkers, liquid acrylic, or any other dye based ink. I stamped the SU Print Pattern Background stamp onto it with Ballet Blue craft ink in hopes to be able to emboss it.  The powder did not stick well. I chose a Stampin Up Apricot Appeal card which coordinated well.  I cut a set of flowers with the Flower Fair Thinlit set. The large flower is Marina Mist as I did not have Ballet Blue which was embossed with the Polka Dot Folder, then the medium is a repeat of Apricot Appeal, then the center is Starfruit card stock. The leaves were cut from Starfruit as well. The greeting is stamped with the Little Birthday Cheer Stamp set with Kiwi Kiss ink onto Apricot Appeal and punched with the Modern Label punch. It is adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

 I chose my ink background to coordinate with Stampin Up Apricot Appeal again. This time I stamped the Triple Treat Flower Stamp Set onto the vellum with Garden Green craft ink and clear embossed it.  The greeting from the Sweet Essentials Stamp set is handled the same way.  I stamped the flower again on Apricot Appeal and punched it out with the Five Petal punch.  It is adhered over the vellum flower with 3D foam tape.  I ripped the edges of the vellum with a deckle edge ruler but it was not as effective as I had hoped.  The vellum ends are folded to the inside of the card and taped down. 
These cards are headed to the girls in my Card Exchange Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.