Saturday, June 25, 2016

Wedding Gift Frame

I created this frame as a wedding gift.  I started with a 7" black matte metal frame of good quality.  I painted a gradient watercolor background with FW Acrylic Artist Ink in 437 Purple Lake.  I added some Dr. Ph. Martin's Irridescent Silver Calligraphy ink.  These were painted onto a piece of watercolor paper. While I was at it, I applied some of these inks to a piece of textured card stock as I anticipated hearts for this project.
Once dry, I laid out the words in coordinating colors & fonts and printed it onto the background.  It contains the bride & groom's names and the date of the wedding.  I punched a heart from the textured card stock with the Stampin Up Sweetheart punch.  I punched another heart from silver non shed glitter paper.  This was all designed to fit in the 3x3 inch square opening in the middle of the 7 inch white mat.   I mounted the purple heart with 3D foam tape and the glitter one behind it.  I placed credits on purple card stock and inserted it at the back of the frame.  The glass was cleaned on both sides, the pieces were layered and inserted into the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.