Friday, July 1, 2016

Christmas Card Challenge - July - Turquoise / Ornament

I started with the decorative paper in white, red, teal, turquoise and silver.  For this set of cards I chose teal instead of turquoise.
I cut the decorative paper with the Spellbinder 2012 Heirloom Ornament die set.  I ran the die cuts through again to make both ends pointed and remove the hanger.  I then cut the next size ornament from real red decorative paper.
I chose the Cuttlebug A2 Season's Greetings embossing folder and ran white card stock through it.  I adhered the embossed layer to the teal card.  I then aligned the top of the ornament between Merry & Christmas on the top line.
I made a hole with a push pin and pressed the tiny white star brad through it.  I pressed the prongs apart on the inside.
I pulled the silver metallic thread between the white layer and the red ornament and pulled it up around the brad.  The ends were taped to the inside of the card.  I added a tiny white star brad to the center of the red snowflake on the decorative paper piece.
A few more cards for my Christmas box.  Still quite a ways to go. 76 cards

1 comment:

  1. So pretty, and it's a great design to make more than just one! Thanks for sharing Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.