Monday, August 29, 2016

Sunflower HB

I made this card for an aunt who is celebrating a birthday this month.  She is a painter so I thought part of the card should be painted so I created a painted background.  I chose Cobalt Blue, Cadmium Yellow and Sap Green in the Folk Art brand to paint the background onto yellow parchment card stock.  I wanted to create the illusion of sunflower fields.
I cut the Spellbinder Sunflower die from bright yellow and golden yellow and the centre from warm brown.  I chose a card from the same card stock as the centre of the sunflower.  I cut a leaf from green card stock.  I cut the greeting from the same golden yellow card stock as one of the layers of the sunflower with the Memory Box Grand Happy Birthday die.  This was trimmed to leave a small border on 3 sides and adhered to the bottom of the background layer.  I then layered the flowers and the leaf which were adhered with Quick Dry adhesive.  I embossed the brown center with a polka dot embossing folder from Cuttlebug.  This was adhered to the center of the flower.  I adhered this layer to the card front.  I needed something above the sunflower so I added 3 birds in the sky with a black marker.  Really happy with the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.