Thursday, September 1, 2016

Christmas Card Challenge - Sept - Lavender / Bethlehem

My Christmas Card Challenge for September - Lavender and Bethlehem.  I make Christmas cards every month so my cards are ready by Dec 1st to be addressed and sent out.  Do it today!
I started with the We Three Kings cling mount rubber stamp by Cornish Heritage Farms.
I then selected my Bethlehem digital image.  I had to modify it to make it proportional to the kings stamp so I added a 4th hill for the 3 kings stand on.  I printed it on a quarter sheet (4.25 x 5.5 inches) of white card stock. The hills and windows have been colored in medium grey and the buildings are black. I trimmed this piece to just under 4.00 x 5.25 inches.
I then stamped the kings on 4.00 W x 4.25 T inch piece of vellum with Versamark ink in Lilac.  This ink allows for clear embossing very nicely as it does not dry quickly.  Once embossed, I ripped about 1/8 inch from the left hand side of the vellum. I placed a bit of vellum adhesive on the back in the bodies of the camels.  It was aligned along the right hand side and the top and bottom edges were folded to the back of the Bethlehem layer and taped down.
I chose Pale Plum card stock by Stampin Up. The Bethlehem layer was adhered to the light purple card front.
I cut a starburst star from silver no shed glitter card stock with the Sizzix Star & Starbursts die.  It was then adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.  It was aligned along the ripped edge of the vellum.  I have 99 cards in my box.

Submitting to Christmas Card Challenges #38 - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Great work adhering the vellum . Love the sandy desert scene . Super card . Thanks for sharing at Christmas Card Challenges .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty, and you are smart to make Christmas cards every month. I make mine at a crop class I attend once a month and don't have a whole lot to send out anyway but sure love making my own cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea starting early, thanks for joining us at Christmas card challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.