Thursday, September 29, 2016

Share Your Cup - Cobalt Blue

I've been collecting a few pieces of cobalt blue glass ware to put together a table setting.  Here is the clear glass water pitcher with a blue handle paired with medium sized blue glasses.  They are probably juice glasses but they work great for water at the table.









I found a pretty cobalt blue vase with a clear glass fluted foot.  It's a good size proportionally for my table.  I've placed small silk daffodils in it today. 

Today the tea is Masala Chai with honey and cream.  Yum.  It is served in Johnson Brothers Regency White tea cup and saucer.  The teapot is by Stokes.  Can someone help with the type of tablecloth I have?  It is a bit heavy and has this shiny pattern woven into it. It strikes me as 1970s style.  Leave me a comment if you know something about this tablecloth. 

It's still apple & rhubarb crisp season.  The apples came from my Mom's trees and rhubarb from my sister.  The blue glass plates are Avon Royal Sapphire Cobalt Blue made in France layered with a simple white plate with a soft ruffled edge by IKEA - ARV.

I had my Mom over yesterday as she is in the city for treatment for the next few weeks.  We had a good visit and she is doing well but a bit tired.  I hope to have her over once a week.

The flatware has Splendide 18/8 Stainless Steel on the back.  Nice heavy utensils. 

Submitting to Share Your Cup #217
hosted by Carol at Art&Sand.


4 comments:

  1. Sylvia, I love all of your cobalt blue that you have collected! The apple and rhubarb crisp sounds delicious! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely table setting. I have a white teapot that is similar. I really like the teacup and saucer. The blue plates are stunning.

    Have a good weekend,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collection of cobalt blue! The apple rhubarb crisp looks super yummy. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.