Monday, November 28, 2016

Card Club - November - Round Felt Ornament

I started with an olive card onto which I adhered a layer of designer paper by My Mind's Eye - The Merry Days of Christmas -"All Aglow" to leave a small border.
I trimmed the tag close to the border with scissors and punch a 1/8 inch hole in the top.  I added the white cotton thread and tied at knot.
I then added the blue ribbon to the white felt ornament but did not pull it taut.
I used a push pin to make a hole for the red star brad through the hole in the hanger of the ornament.  Make sure to only make a hole through the card front.
I pushed the red brad prongs through the hole. Now I hang the tag onto the red brad then press the prongs apart on the inside of the card. Now I can pull the blue ribbon taut and trim the ends.

We plan to have a few goodies as this is our last class till the new year.  We will be spending time with the quilting group with which we share a space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.