Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Christmas Card Challenge - Nov - Sparkle / Nativity

I made cards for my monthly Christmas Card Challenge but I changed copper to sparkly.

I wanted to use my QuicKutz Nativity die which is a 12 inch die.  It presents a challenge when I am making A2 cards which only accommodates a portion of the die.  I found some A6 black cards in my stash from a previous project which would allow me to put more of the die onto the card front.  I cut a piece of this sparkly paper to leave a generous border on the 6.25 x 4.75 inch card.

I cut the QuicKutz Nativity from matte silver card stock and you can see that I could include the 3 wise men on half of the cards and the shepherds the other half. 

I cut the star from foil paper with the Sizzix Star and Startbursts Die and mounted it over the star cut with the die.  I glued it to card front with the sparkly paper providing a sense of a starry night.

I created the greeting for the Stampin Up Modern Label Punch which was color printed then punched.  

Once punched, I mounted it to the card front with 3D foam tape.


I made 6 of these cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.