Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Christmas Card Order - Manger #2

For this card I started with the Stampin Up "Come to Bethlehem" stamp set.  I added the sentiment and printed it onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I managed 6 onto a full sheet of card stock.   I trimmed them.  I chose a coordinating piece of designer paper by Creative Imaginations - Sonnets by Sharon Soneff - French Poetry Print.  It has diamonds and script which creates a soft background.  I cut it then ripped the bottom edge of it. I adhered the Bethlehem layer to the designer paper and trimmed the card stock as needed. It was then adhered to the front of a dark brown card. I added hand drawn lines along the top and bottom with a gold alcohol marker.

This card features my new Nativity drawing. I created 3 separate pieces.  The stable, the Holy Family and the star based on my star from the Bethlehem drawing.  I can them mix and match them as I choose.  I placed centered the star over the babe in the manger.
I colored the stable in brown, the Holy Family in blue and the star in yellow.
I used the starry night I created for the earlier card as well.  I printed it onto a quarter sheet of white card stock and trimmed it to leave a small border.
This one is adhered to a navy card to coordinate with the dark border on the figures.  I added a sticky gold star in the center of the printed star.






Here's another card made with the same digital set of drawings.

This time I chose to keep it monochromatic.  I chose Dusty Plum.

In the star and the figures I added a gradient fill come from the bottom and the top to lighter in the middle.

I printed it onto a half sheet of white card stock.  I folded it and added a silver star in the center of the printed star.

This is a simpler design in layers and color.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely Christmas cards Sylvia, I'll have to show mine when completed. This week I'm putting some Christmas baking in the oven and then going to my basement studio to work on cards - with a timer of course. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.