Thursday, November 24, 2016

Share Your Cup #225

I attended a funeral this week for a young woman who passed away way too soon at 43.  She had cystic fibrosis which affected her health but her spirit was strong and feisty.  She lived life to the fullest.

Her favorite color was purple so they were placed on tables for the luncheon following the service. 

I was on the prepping, serving and clean up crew for the funeral in service to my friends who lost their precious daughter. 









My niece was up for a visit this passed weekend.  We had a good visit with time spent with my other sister, we hit a craft sale, the ReUse Centre then worked on Christmas Card projects she had on the go.

For supper I suggested the pomegranates I had purchased earlier in the week.  Typically, they are very hard to eat without a complete mess.  With an internet search we found a video which showed how to de-seed the fruit in a few seconds.  It worked really well.

Basic Steps
1. Cut the rind of the pomegranate around the middle.
2. Tear the 2 halves apart.
3. Spread the edges away from the center.
4. Turn the half over in your hand over a bowl.
5. Whack the outside of the fruit with a spoon, rotating it as you go and the seeds will fall out through your hand into the bowl. Check this video out!

I finished this book this week.  I see that it is the 3rd book in the series.  I will have to scout out the first 2 books.

It was a very good read about Mary Catherine and Marcus.  It involves a couple of trips to Africa, a young girl making some bad choices followed by a sacrificial decision and a couple of weddings.

I would recommend this one.




I am linking up with Share Your Cup #225 hosted by Jan at Daily Cup with Mrs. Olson.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia, sorry for your loss. Your pomegranate tip brought back a memory that made me smile. My family liked pomegranates and each one of us dealt with the pomegranate in our own way. Except my father. My mother or I always had to "do" his for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is way too young! So very sorry!! I tried that trick with a pomegranate last year and it did work great. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.